This Terms of Service (“Terms”) is a legally binding agreement that governs your use of applications created by Legit Tees LLC (“Legit”), including applications that are on and accessed via social networks, such as Facebook, on websites on the Internet, and on other networks. These applications are collectively referred to as the “Services” in this document. By accessing or using these Services you agree to the following Terms.
Modification of Terms
- Legit reserves the right to modify the Terms at any time.
- When we modify the Terms, we may notify you. However, Legit is not obligated to notify you of changes. Notification may include, for example:
- Update the link, Terms of Service, found at the bottom right corner of each page of each application that is a part of the Services.
- Post a notice on the applications that make up the Services for one week after the Terms have been updated.
- You agree to:
- periodically check the link to the Terms found on the applications that make up the Services; and,
- read any messages Legit sends to you regarding the Terms.
- Your continued use of the Services after the Terms have been modified constitutes your agreement with the modified Terms.
License to Use the Services
- Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you may use the Services solely for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You may not use the Services for any other purpose.
- You may not copy and distribute the content of the Services, except as specifically allowed in this document.
- Legit reserves the right to discontinue the Services or to change the content of the Services in any way and at any time, with or without notice, without liability.
- You agree to follow any rules within the applications or forums of the Services, any game-specific rules associated with applications within the Services, and the rules and conditions outlined in the Terms.
- You must be 13 year of age or older to use the Services.
- If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, inclusive, you represent that your legal guardian has reviewed the Terms and has given you permission to use the Services.
- If your use of the Services is in violation of the Terms, Legit reserves the right to terminate your access to the Services without notice. Violation of the Terms is a breach of contract, an infringement of Legit’s copyrights in and to the Services, or both and may result in legal action against you.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
- All materials that are a part of the Services are owned, controlled, or licensed by Legit, unless otherwise specified in writing, and are protected by law from unauthorized use. The entire content of the Services are copyrighted under the copyright laws of the United States.
- You do not acquire any rights of ownership to any part of the Services by using the Services, downloading material from the Services, adding material to the Services, or by purchasing any Virtual Goods within the Services.
- You agree to not copy, publish, redistribute, or make use of any material on the Services without prior written permission from Legit, except as expressly permitted in the Terms.
Limitations of Use
You agree that you will not:
- Engage in or promote any illegal activity such as hacking the Services, cheating, or using any software such as “bots” or other applications that are designed to change the experience of the Services.
- Upload to the servers used by Legit to provide these Services any software or application that will damage the Services or alter the operation of the Services. Examples of such software or applications are, but are not limited to, Trojan horses, viruses, worms, time bombs, and corrupted files.
- Except as allowed by applicable law, copy, reverse engineer, modify, disassemble, or decompile, in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the Services.
- Post any content to any part of the Services that:
- is unlawful;
- is offensive and related to race, national origin, sexual preference, sex, or physical handicap;
- is profane, obscene, pornographic, or sexual in nature;
- harasses, intimidates, libels, mocks, or threatens other users or persons;
- is violent in nature or promotes violence;
- promotes the use of drugs or other illegal substances;
- is not related to the Services, such as, but not limited to, surveys, contests, or spam;
- advertises or promotes the selling or buying of any goods or services; and,
- infringes on the rights of other parties, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, contractual rights, and personal rights.
- Engage in activities on the Services that:
- reveal the personal information about another user, except information that is publicly available;
- misleads Legit or others by creating false user accounts or by trying to learn private information;
- improperly use the Legit support services by submitting reports or misuse or misconduct that are not true;
- harm, tarnish, or disparage, in Legit’s opinion, Legit or the Services;
- reverse engineer, decompile, reverse assemble, attempt to discover any software code (including source code or object code) that are used by the Services to transmit and render web pages or any other processes or products accessed through the Services.
- These examples of improper conduct are not meant to be exhaustive and Legit reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be inappropriate or otherwise not in the spirit of the Services.
- Violations may lead to termination of your account and being banned from further access to the Services.
- Legit does not control, monitor, or endorse content posted by users to the Services or of external websites that are linked to the Services. Legit, therefore, does not assume any responsibility for this content.
Posting on Other Web Sites
- You are granted a limited revocable license to post an image or screen shot from the Services that is related to your use of the Services (your character, for example) within the Services. Additionally, where Legit specifically gives you permission to do so, you may post images or screen shots from the Services that are related to your use of the Services and other materials that Legit specifically permits to be posted to third-party websites provided:
- the website is not competing with Legit;
- the website does not criticize or injure Legit;
- the website does not obtain any rights to the material posted other than the right to post it at your discretion;
- the website does not charge for access to the content; and,
- the website complies with all applicable laws; does not abuse or violate the right to privacy, intellectual property, or the legal rights of others; does not publish or distribute material that is inappropriate, infringing, indecent, pornographic, illegal, or otherwise objectionable.
- Legit expressly reserves its rights and remedies and may revoke this limited license, in whole or in part, with notice.
- Content, such as text, images, comments suggestions, or any other material that a users posts to the Services (“User Content”) will be treated by Legit as public information that is neither confidential nor proprietary.
- You agree that you own the rights to any User Content you post to the Services.
- Upon posting User Content to the Services, you grant Legit a non-exclusive, unlimited, unconditional, irrevocable, perpetual, fully-paid and royalty-free right and license to use that User Content as Legit sees fit via any medium.
- Legit does not have the obligation to monitor or enforce any intellectual property rights associated with User Content. However, Legit does have the right to enforce intellectual property rights.
- Legit has the right to delete User Content from the Services or to modify User Content on the Services as it sees fit at any time without notice. Legit has the obligation to enforce the rights of third parties when violations to intellectual property rights are brought to its attention, per the section in the Terms titled Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Offensive User Content should be reported to Legit through the support system in the Services. While Legit has the right to remove any User Content it deems objectionable, it is not obligated to do so.
Disputes with Other Users
Legit may monitor and manage disputes between users. However, Legit does not have the obligation to do so. Legit assumes not liability for disputes between users. Further, you agree to release Legit and agree to indemnify Legit from any and all claims, demands, or damages related in any way to such disputes.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Applications
Legit may provide links to third-party websites or embed third-party applications with the Services for the purpose of offering users promotions. These promotions make available optional services, upgrades, and in-game Virtual Goods. These third-party websites may charge additional feed and have their own terms of service and privacy policies. Third-party websites may collect personal information from users. Legit does not warrant the content or the goods and services provided by any third-party website. Legit is not responsible for the content, policies, or the business practices of third-party websites or the collection or use of personal information by third-party websites. Legit is not liable for any claim related to third-party websites.
Legit reserves the right to terminate or suspend your access to any or all of the Services if it determines that you have violated these Terms or if you have not used the Service for 60 consecutive days. In the event your access to the Services is terminated, you will not be entitled to a refund or credit for any points, items, Virtual Currency, or Virtual Goods.
Limits of Liability
The Services are provided on an “As Is” basis. The Services are provided without any warranties of any kind, including warranties expressed or implied. There is no warranty, without limitation, of merchantability or fitness of the Services for any particular purpose or use. There is no warranty of non-infringement. Legit does not warrant that the Services will be error-free or uninterrupted. You agree that your use of the Services is at your own risk. Neither Legit, its employees, its contractors, nor its partners are responsible for damages or loss of any kind, either within the Services or personal damages or losses resulting from the use of the Services or from the inability to use the Services.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Legit harmless against any claims, losses, liability, damages, or expenses incurred by Legit as a result of you access to or use of the Services, or any violation of the Terms. You agree that such indemnification will continue after you have stopped using the Services.
Waiver and Severability
- The failure of Legit to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be construed to be a waiver of the right or provision.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You agree that the rights and obligations granted to Legit in the Terms are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Legit and which cannot be replaced my monetary damages alone. As a result, Legit shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief, without the obligation of posting any bond or surety, in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you.
The Terms and the Services and any related legal actions are governed by the laws of the State of Washington. The jurisdiction for all claims and legal proceedings related to the Services and Terms will be the courts located in King County, Washington.
- To settle disputes or claims associated with the Terms as economically and quickly as possible, you and Legit agree to attempt to informally negotiate a resolution for 30 days prior to initiating any court proceedings. The informal negotiation will begin upon written notice from one party to the other. Notice to Legit will be sent to the Legit corporate address listed at the end of this document.
- Informal negotiations will not apply to the following:
- any dispute regarding Legit’s intellectual property rights
- disputes related to theft, piracy, invasions of privacy, or unauthorized use; and,
- any claim for injunctive relief.
Legit is located in the United States. Legit does not claim that the Services are appropriate for use in other countries. The Services are not intended to be distributed to countries where such distribution is contrary to the laws and regulations of the United States. The Services are not intended to be distributed to countries which require registration of the Services or of Legit.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) provides copyright owners who believe that their rights under the United States Copyright Act have been infringed by acts of third parties over the Internet with ways to protect their rights. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied without your authorization and is available in the Services in a way that my constitute copyright infringement, you can provide notice of your claim to Legit as listed below. For your notice to be effective, it must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property right that has allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located in this game or in this website;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Legit to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party can be contacted;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed sue is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Legit Tees, LLC
Attention: Legal Department
1037 NE 65th St #231
Seattle, WA 98115
These terms are the entire agreement between Legit and you regarding the Services. These Terms replace any Terms that preceded it.